2022 Commonwealth Businesswomen’s Network (CBWN) Awards Nominations Now Open
About this Award:
- The Commonwealth Businesswomen’s Network (CBWN) Awards were introduced in 2015 and announced during the inaugural Commonwealth Women’s Forum at a prestigious Gala Dinner in Malta.
- During each CHOGM, CBWN identifies award recipients who have achieved excellence in their chosen field and brought honour across the Commonwealth.o The successful awardee will be notified by 10 June 2022.
- The Awards will be presented at the prestigious Women’s Forum Gala Dinner in June during CHOGM 2022 in Kigali and the recipient must be in person to receive the award (unless circumstances prevent the function progressing.)
In line with this year’s theme of Delivering a Common Future: Transforming for Gender Equality, the Awards recognize and celebrate the achievements and contributions of women in business who advance gender equality in their business and across the Commonwealth. More specifically the awards recognize women who through their actions, become role models especially for girls in school, women in higher education and in the early stage of their careers. She is an extraordinary woman who leads by example and makes an impact in her community.
The CBWN Awards covers a range of categories with the following now open for nominations:
Commonwealth Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
Powered by the Global Entrepreneurship Network, nominees should be: over the age of 35; have demonstrated outstanding leadership and vision; and made significant contributions in advancing women in their sector, in spite of challenges, to make significant positive change.
Commonwealth Young Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
Powered by the Commonwealth Youth Council, nominees should be emerging female entrepreneurs under the age of 35 who exemplify innovation and display great potential for future growth.
The application process:
- The Nominee must be made aware of your intention to nominate
- All nominations must be made online
- All selection criteria must be completed as specified for the nomination to be eligible
- Profile photo and updated resume must be provided
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
The Nominee must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen
- Have demonstrated excellence in a field of endeavor and/or made an outstanding contribution to their local/state/nation/ or Commonwealth community
- Be an inspirational role model for citizens of the Commonwealth
- Agreeable to the nomination
- Submissions can be made by any Commonwealth citizen
- Previous individuals may be re-nominated online
- The closing date for 2022 nominations is BST 5:00pm Monday 6 June 2022.
Thank you for your decision to nominate for the 2022 CBWN Awards.
To nominate yourself or an inspirational women in business, please click the button below.